Actual product or boxes may differ from shown here, due to branding or other changes by the manufacturer that do not materially impact functionality.
Underwood .458 SOCOM 250 Grain Xtreme Hunter Solid Monolithic Hunting & Self Defense Ammo (20 Rounds)Cost Per Round: $3.80
Due to the on-going ammunition shortage, this product is limited to 5 boxes per person per day.
5 in stock
Standard Shipping – Leaves the warehouse in 1-5 Business Days
(Click for Shipping and Handling Details)
The optimum hunting round has arrived. The Xtreme Hunter (XH) was born from the incredibly popular Xtreme Defender product line. Like the XD, the Xtreme Hunter (XH) ammunition has an optimized nose flute. The difference is that weight and attained velocity have been optimized to achieve maximum penetration depth with a permanent wound cavity (PWC) that is just simply enormous. No expanding hollow point comes close to achieving anywhere near the diameter and volume of wound channel achieved by the Xtreme Hunter. Not only is the PWC over 100% larger than any other expanding bullet, terminal performance is achieved despite being shot through barriers. The solid copper body ensures that thick hide, bone, and any other barrier will have minimal effect on the Permanent Wound Channel.
As with all of Underwood Ammo™ rounds, we utilize flash suppressed powder so that your vision will not be compromised if it becomes necessary to use your firearm in low light.
While taking advantage of our state of the art testing equipment, this high-performance ammunition is field tested using popular, real firearms that our customers are most likely to own out in the real world with all the elements you would experience.
This ammunition is new production, non-corrosive, in boxer primed, reloadable brass cases
- This ammo is for cartridge size .458 SOCOM.
- The bullet is made from Copper.
- The diameter (caliber) of this bullet is 0.458.
- This bullet weighs 250 grains.
- This bullet leaves the barrel at 2000 feet per second.
- The ammo case is made from Brass.
- This ammo is a proven round for hunting.
- The bullet in this product does NOT contain lead.
- This round is designed to be supersonic and travels faster than the speed of sound.
- The muzzle energy of this ammo is 2221 ft lbs.
- This product has been designed to be an effective choice for the ultimate in self-defense applications.
- The bullet in this product has a Sectional Density, (SD) of 0.170259366308259. SD is the ratio of an object’s mass to its cross sectional area with respect to a given axis. It conveys how well an object’s mass is distributed (by its shape) to overcome resistance along that axis.
- This ammo IS SAFE to use in a suppressor.
- The bullet in this ammo has a ballistic coefficient (G1) of – Generally, the higher the coefficient, the more stable the projectile will be in flight.
- Each box of ammo contains 20 loaded pieces of ammunition.
- This ammo is manufactured by Underwood Ammo
|Units per Box